Signed into law in California in 2022 (AB1421 & WIC 5345), Laura's Law provides for Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT) throughout California.
We are a clinical team providing recovery-based treatment to adults with a serious mental illness, utilizing Assertive Community Treatment and evidence-based practices.
Learn more about AOT at the Treatment Advocacy Center
Who Can Refer?
- An adult whom the person lives with
- Family members (including adult children, parents, siblings or spouse)
- Law enforcement, parole or probation officers
- Director of a public or private agency providing mental health services to the person
- Hospital director who is providing psychiatric care to the person
- Licensed mental health provider who is treating or supervising the person
Make a Referral
To make a referral, please call AOT Humboldt at (707) 296-5205 or fill out the form below and email it to us.
Humboldt County initiated Assisted Outpatient Treatment services in 2022. AOT Humboldt provides services for adults meeting the following criteria:
- County resident, minimum age of 18
- Serious mental disorder (WIC 5600.3)
- Unlikely to survive safely in the community
- Lack of compliance with treatment, indicated by:
- 2 occurrences in 36 months: hospital, prison, jail; or
- 1 occurence in 48 months: serious & violent acts, threats, attempts to harm self/others
- The person has been offered an opportunity to participate in treatment and failed to engage, or refused
- Condition is deteriorating
- Least restrictive placement
- Necessary to prevent 5150 condition
- Will benefit from treatment
- Outreach & Engagement
- Screening & Assessment
- Case Management
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Individual/Family/Group Therapy
- Psychiatric Care through Humboldt County DHHS
When we can talk about our feelings they become less overwhelming, less upsetting and less scary.”