Ready for the Next Step?

If you’d like more information about becoming a THP resource, we’d love to chat with you! Please complete our form & we’ll get in touch promptly.

Learn how you can help. Complete our form.

Change a life & empower a young adult with the knowledge and experience needed to achieve independence and success.

Our Transitional Housing Programs were created to support young adults in foster care ages 18-24 as they transition into adulthood. If you've ever considered fostering, but found the process too complicated for your family, becoming a THP resource is an excellent route to consider.

Elgibility FAQ

Learn More about Transitional Housing

Host Home or Room Rental?

Host Home

By becoming a Host Home, you’ll be given the opportunity to mentor a young adult in foster care, working together to help them achieve their goals and attain valuable life skills while they reside in your home.

Room Rental

This option is recommended for those who might have a room available in the home, but don’t have theb time or interest to mentor a young adult. Although this route is much less time intensive, your participation can still make a huge impact.


EA Family Services pays the following directly to you:

  • $700/mo for rent & utilities (Host Home & Room Rental)
  • $350/mo per mentor for mentoring responsibilities (Host Home)

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the requirements to become a Host Home or Room Rental resource?

  • Be at least 21 years of age
  • Have a room available that’s not being used for any other purpose
  • The home must meet basic health & safety standards
  • All those living in the home must able to pass DOJ, FBI, and CAIC background checks
  • Adult CPR and First Aid Certification (Adult, Child and Infant, if participant has a child)—paid for by EA
  • Mandated reporter training—paid for by EA

To become a Host Home, you will receive additional training, information, and ongoing support.

If I become a Host Home, what sort of skills will I be responsible for teaching the young adult placed with me?

You will help them develop knowledge surrounding basic budgeting & banking, health & nutrition, job preparation, and more.

If I choose the Room Rental route, what will my level of involvement be?

Very little. Once approved, you would essentially be the landlord to the young adult living with you. EA is liable for any issues that might arise, and you would receive a monthly stipend to cover the cost of the room.

Questions? Please contact us using the form above!