Our Transitional Housing Programs seek to provide young adults with the skills and knowledge they need to successfully transition into a healthy, thriving, independent life.
We know that by equipping them with the necessary tools, we are ensuring that they will begin their independence with everything they need to become self-sufficient individuals, who can meet and exceed their goals.
Too often in the foster care system we see agencies abandoning youth when their first approach or tactics fail. We know there isn’t one single formula for success when it comes to working with youth, and we’re proud that we take the time to tailor our recommendations to meet the needs of each client.
Change a life & empower a young adult with the knowledge and experience needed to achieve independence and success.
Our Transitional Housing Programs were created to support young adults in foster care ages 18-24 as they transition into adulthood. If you've ever considered fostering, but found the process too complicated for your family, becoming a THP resource is an excellent route to consider. Read on to discover the different ways you can get involved, the requirements for each option, and how to get in touch with our team if you’re interested in moving forward.
By becoming a Host Home, you’ll be given the opportunity to mentor a young adult in foster care, working together to help them achieve their goals and attain valuable life skills while they reside in your home.
This option is recommended for those who might have a room available in the home, but don’t have the time or interest to mentor a young adult. Although this route is much less time intensive, your participation can still make a huge impact.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the requirements to become a Host Home or Room Rental resource?
- To qualify for either, you must have a room available that’s not being used for any other purpose, the home must meet basic health & safety standards, and all those living in the home must be able to pass a background check.
- To become a Host Home, you will receive additional training, information, and ongoing support.
- Will I receive compensation?
- Yes, although compensation will vary based on a variety of factors.
- If I become a Host Home, what sort of skills will I be responsible for teaching the young adult placed with me?
- You will help them develop knowledge surrounding basic budgeting & banking, health & nutrition, job preparation, and more.
- If I choose the Room Rental route, what will my level of involvement be?
- Very little. Once approved, you would essentially be the landlord to the young adult living with you. EA is liable for any issues that might arise, and you would receive a monthly stipend to cover the cost of the room.
If you’d like more information about becoming a THP resource, we’d love to chat with you! Please fill our form & we’ll get in touch promptly.
We know that while individual goals for success might vary, the skills needed to reach them are largely universal.
For more information about eligibility requirements, please contact us.
We currently offer the following three programs:
- Transitional Housing Program/Foster Care (open to ages 18-21)
- Transitional Housing Program Plus (ages 18-24)
- Traditional Transitional Housing Program (ages 16-18)
Our programs empower young adults with everything they need to acquire employment, meet their educational goals, and develop the additional tools that will ensure they can achieve success in their independence.
In addition to helping those in our programs learn valuable skills, we offer access to mental health services, healthcare referrals, and education advocacy. We work closely with the young adults enlisted in these programs, providing 24-hour case management and the opportunity to develop skills in the following areas.
- Job preparation
- Health & nutrition
- Budgeting & banking
- Parenting education
- Life skills
The most rewarding part of my job is seeing youth overcome barriers they’ve had early on in order to meet their goals, and achieve whatever level of success they’ve set for themselves.”
Interested in helping today’s foster youth in their journey to become successful adults?
Please Contact Us!
Interested in more information about our Transitional Housing Program? Get in touch with us today, or learn more about our process below.